2021 Summer Season Sign Up
Registration & Fees Overview
Registration this year needs to consist of two parts: (1) DiscNW and (2) BIU. Registration has been structured to permit DiscNW to conduct contact tracing for COVID-19, should it become necessary, so there are some changes from previous years. Thanks in advance for your understanding!
Registration Dates: Both parts of registration will need to be completed by Sunday, 5/30, at 11:59 p.m.
This closing date is necessary to allow us to compile rosters, assign coaches, and satisfy other DiscNW requirements by their deadlines. Sorry, but we won’t have latitude to accept late registrations.
Fees: (1) DiscNW is charging fees according to a sliding scale, $0 – 90.00, in recognition that many families are facing particular financial challenges at this time. (2) BIU is charging $150, having made every effort to keep costs down, and BIU provides scholarships to any player who needs one to be able to play.
(1) Registration Part 1: DiscNW
This part of registration takes place through our league, DiscNW, via its website.
- For any player who does not yet have an account with our league, DiscNW, there is a preliminary step. You need to create an account via their website, which is here: https://www.discnw.org/ Once you have created an account, you can proceed to step 2.
- For players who already have a DiscNW account, sign in.
- Click High School Return to Play Opportunities 2021 Summer HS Boys OR Girls, as appropriate for your player, “Register Now” (Note: while the Bainbridge team practices will in fact be Mixed for the spring season, the rest of the league is running single-gender practices, so our players need to register via these single-gender “teams.”) (view DiscNW’s gender inclusion policy)
- Select “Register” from the left sidebar menu
- Select a team from the dropdown menu, as appropriate for your player: (1) for boys currently (2020-21 school year) in grades 10-12, select “Bainbridge HS Boys JV1” (2) for boys currently (2020-21 school year) in grades 8-9, select “Bainbridge HS JV2” (3) for girls currently (2020-21 school year) in grades 8-12, select “Bainbridge High School Girls JV.” Please note that the coaches may adjust the boys team rosters once we know how many players register, so this initial selection is provisional at this point, just to get registered with DiscNW.
- When prompted, enter the password: BainbridgeSummer21
- You’ll be prompted to move through a 5-step process that includes DiscNW community-supported ultimate fee program (which will allow you to select an appropriate fee level for your family’s circumstances, from $0 – $90.00) and DiscNW online waivers. (Note: you may need to click “download” to view a waiver, but you should then be able to “sign” the waiver online). Those players who have already completed waivers with DiscNW this year (e.g., for our spring mixed practice season) won’t need to complete new waivers for the summer season.
- You’ll receive a receipt via email that will confirm your DiscNW registration.
(2) Registration Part 2: BIU
This part of registration takes place through our BIU team management app, Teamsnap. Teamsnap allows us to send communications to players and families, and to access family emergency contact information.
- For any player who does not yet have an account with Teamsnap, there is a preliminary step. You need to create an account via their website, which is here: https://www.teamsnap.com/solutions2. Once you have created an account, you can proceed to step 2.
- For players with a Teamsnap account, use this link to register: https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/269585
- The Teamsnap registration form includes a space to purchase our team uniform (reversible top and shorts). For returning players who have a uniform from past years, there is no need to order new gear. Also, to save on costs — while the reversible top is necessary, the team shorts are optional.
- If you need a scholarship, please contact our BIU treasurer, Martha Makowsky at [email protected]
- For any player who did not play during the spring mixed practice season, they will also need to sign and return two waivers: (i) a general waiver (which also asks for allergies/medical information, and (ii) a COVID-19 waiver. If the player is a minor (under 18 at the start of the spring season), please use the two forms for minors; if the player is over 18 at the start of the spring season, please use the two forms for adults. These forms were attached to the email that went out from Cath to all players on 5/23. Please download, read, and sign; then scan the signed forms and return them via email to Cath O’Neill at [email protected] by the 5/30 registration deadline (please do NOT bring paper copies of these waivers to practice, due to COVID — thanks!) Please note that the BIU waivers are separate from the waivers you will have signed for DiscNW in the first part of registration — players need to complete both. Those players who have already completed BIU waivers this year (e.g., for our spring mixed practice season) won’t need to complete new waivers for the summer season.
Tips and Questions
- We have found the DiscNW accounts/website sometimes to be tricky (they’re a fantastic non-profit organization doing great things for youth ultimate … it’s just that their website can be challenging). If you are having issues with your account, their point person is Amanda at [email protected]
- Teamsnap registration works best when accessed via a laptop or desktop (i.e., not the mobile app)
Thanks for the extra effort and understanding!